I never thought much about creating a bucket list. So I decided to create a book bucket list for the places my characters go to. These are places that I have already included in a book or will be writing into a book. I call it my book bucket list because one of these days I would love to travel to these places.
Here is the start of my book international travel bucket list. Places I would like to go to.
1. Visit Machu Picchu located in the Cusco Region of Peru. Machu Picchu is a citadel of stone built by the Incas more than 500 years ago, nearly 8,000 feet up in the Andes.
2. Visit the Louvre in Paris, France. It occupies over 650,000 square feet in the center of Paris. The Louvre houses one of the world’s greatest art collections. Yes, I am a sucker for art.
3. Visit St. Mark’s Basilica. St. Mark’s Cathedral is the most famous church in Venice, Italy, and one of the best-known examples of Italo-Byzantine architecture.
4. Go to the Brazilian Carnival. Each year, right before Lent, people from all over the world descend upon Rio de Janeiro for festivities lasting four days and four nights. The Brazilian Carnival started as street festivities with groups of people parading down the streets playing music and dancing.
5. Go to La Tomatina. La Tomatina is a festival that is held in the town of Buñol in Valencia, Spain, in which participants pelt each other with tomatoes. It’s held each year on the last Wednesday of August.
6. Stay at the Ice Hotel. Stay at the Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden. Jukkasjärvi is a tiny town north of the Arctic Circle. The walls, fixtures, and fittings of this temporary hotel are made entirely of ice. It has to be rebuilt every winter.
7. Visit Dubrovnik, Croatia. Visit the ancient walled city of Dubrovnik, Croatia, which was described by Lord Byron as “The Pearl of the Adriatic”.
8. Visit the Pyramids of Giza. Visit the Giza Necropolis on the outskirts of Cairo, Egypt. This complex of ancient monuments includes the three pyramid complexes known as the Great Pyramids and the massive sculpture known as the Great Sphinx.
This is a start, I will be adding more places that I come across that I hope to one day to visit and include in my books.
What are some amazing places you have been to? I’d love to hear about them, comment below. Maybe I will add them to my bucket list as well.